Akerama marae

On Thursday I went to school and Miss B told us to come sit down on the mat. Then we

sorted out the transport. Me, Holly and Sloan went with Ryan in his car to the Akerama

marae.  When we got to the marae we had a powhiri then we got welcomed on to the

marae  by Whaea Coco, and all the others who belonged to the marae. Then we got morning

tea. After morning tea we got onto our first activity. My first activity was poi making that

was one of my favorites. It was really fun picking out patterns to go in my poi. Then we

went to designing with Whaea Coco.  I liked thinking about my home and where things would

go. After that we had lunch . then my group went to weaving and it was so so, much fun. Then

we went to making te rakau sticks and that was so much fun! I loved making up designs

then we had the most delicious afternoon tea. There was heaps of baking. Then we got to

go and do the te rakau with Miss B.   That was definately one of my favorites!  Then we had time to

have a play, I played wink tag with some of my friends it was so much fun. Then we had

dinner it was delicious.  I munched it up straight away then we had

vanilla ice cream, custard and lots of yummy fruit then the man who did all the statues

came in and we got to ask lots of qestions then we went to bed.  There was lots and lots of

coughing in the night but I finally got some rest. Soon it was morning.  We woke up and

had breakfast then we got to spend an hour with our class.  We went round the marae

picking up rubbish. Then we went round looking at all the plants and vegetables. Then we

went into a hall to look at all the relatives of the people who belonged to the marae. Then

we got to make a performance in front of all the teachers and parents.

Comments

1. Jodie Baldwin Jodie Baldwin says:

Well written Isla. I like the clear order in the story